Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Planning the formation if The Ryan Christopher Maki Foundation

Deranged Brain LLC, which is Corpsehustler Skateboards, is planning to found the Ryan Christopher Maki Foundation. The Foundation will be a Non-Profit Organization that will help Children of broken homes, as well as from low income families get access to Skateboards, Safety Equipment, as well as access to Musical Instruments and Music Instruction in the hope of giving them a head start in the direction of a positive healthy active lifestyle. Hopefully which will keep them from being a statistic related to violent crime, drug addiction, gang activities.

In addition The RCMF will also plant Hard Rock Maple Seedlings in an effort to replenish the number of Trees cut down to be used by the Skateboarding Industry as well as other Industries.

The Ryan Christopher Maki Foundation will also donate to The Tony Hawk Foundation. The Mission From their website is to.
"The Tony Hawk Foundation seeks to foster lasting improvements in society, with an emphasis on supporting and empowering youth. Through special events, grants, and technical assistance, the Foundation supports recreational programs with a focus on the creation of public skateboard parks in low-income communities. The Foundation favors programs that clearly demonstrate that funds received will produce tangible, ongoing, positive results."


Corpsehustler Skateboards will donate a percentage of it's profits the The Ryan Christopher Maki Foundation. In turn The RCM Foundation will donte to The Tony Hawk Foundation to Assist their effort To Stand Up for Skate Parks. It may seem obsurd for a Start Up Company that has not even raised seed money to be talking about "Donating Profits", but a major function of starting a Midwest Skateboard Brand was to be able to make a difference in Skateboarders Lives. A positive Difference. Currently we are raising seed money, and have high and lofty goals.

Who is Ryan Christopher Maki?
Ryan Christopher Maki, was affectionately Known by his many loving friends as "Maki". He was a big hearted gentle giant, and was thought of highly by every person he ever met. A hardworking butcher by trade, who was an avid Death Metal Music enthusiast. He had the largest home stereo set up I personally had ever seen. He had a collection of over 200 death metal CDs. Maki would also probably want me to mention his love of Mexican food. He often described himself as "Part Mexican" to which I'd reply "Yeah your lower intestine and bowels".

He was a very generous person that would always help a friend in need. Although he was not famous he was a legend in the Madison Wisconsin Area for his wild parties, and his harmless demeanor. Maki was the best friend I had in the world, and the only other friend I had that still loved Death Metal. He also was an avid Skateboard Fanatic. When Maki and I first met Skateboarding was the common thread that founded our friendship.

Maki and I had more than just skateboarding in common. Both of us were children of single mothers. Both of our fathers were not a part of our lives. Maki was someone who understood the demented sickness of my sense of humor and also always was straight forward with me. He was one of the most honest people I have ever known.

If Ryan Maki were alive today he would be my right hand man in the formation of Corpsehustler Skateboards. I know he would see the heart of my vision, and support me 100%, even loaning me money if I needed to make it come true. Also I am sure he would be behind the meaning of Corpsehustler Skateboards. Not only the goal to have the worlds most extreme horror skateboard graphics. But also the goal of making the difference in the lives of today’s skateboarding youth as well as a positive environmental impact.

Maki's friends were shocked at the passing of this amazing and unique soul in May of 2011. Although Maki was not famous, the world is a dimmer place without him in it to make the rest of us smile and be in awe of his winning demeanor. More than once have I contemplated my hope that Maki was reincarnated into the body of my Son James, II. I guess I'll find out if when I ask him to clean up his room before he can go to the skate park if a majority of the mess is Taco wrappers.

R.I.P. Ryan Christopher Maki 1979 - 2011. I promise never to let you be forgotten my brother from another single mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment